Composite Railway Brake Blocks Color Track Braking Parts in
Product Name: Composite Brake Block
Our cast iron brake block enjoys many advantages including
hardness, impact strength and so on. It consists of two parts, the
cast iron and the steel support. Both the surface and core of the
cast iron have the hardness within the range of 197< HB< 255.
When facing subsequent impacts to the brake block or brake shoe,
the steel support must remain intact and attached to the iron
places. The connection bridge may possibly become detached but
should not show any soundness defects. Separated from the brake
shoe, the support must be able to withstand the bend test with
cracking or breaking.
The brake shoe are located on the wheel tread.
when braking, two pieces of brake block clamp the wheel to make it
Physical and mechanical properties of composite
1,7 – 2,4
Coefficient of Friction
0,14 – 0,22
70 – 105
2400 – 4000
480 – 1500
1500 - 3500
Heat Resistance: 250ºC
Result: Does not melt or burn for continuous use.
- The materials of composite brake block consist of 3 main substances
including reinforcing fiber, organic/inorganic filler and resin
- It has a high level of uniformity.
- It can be separated from the backing plate.
- It contains no asbestos, lead, zinc or other mixtures.
- It also contains no toxic materials.
- The hardness of the material is lower than the wheel's.
- It causes no strong smell in friction.
Backing plate for a trains' composite brake block must meet the
following criteria. Firstly, it is made of ST-41 steel plate, and
is constructed to transmit the braking force to the composite
material. Secondly, there should be a binding structure between the
composite material and backing plate, thus forming into a
integrated unit and ensuring sufficient bending strength and
- Vernier caliper or other methods are used to test the dimension of
the brake block.
- Laboratory test
Specific gravity test: standard ASTM D 792 or equivalent method
Coefficient of friction test: Standard ASTM D 1894 or equivalent
Hardness test: standard ASTM D 785 or equivalent method
Shear resistance test: standard ASTM D 732 or equivalent method
Press test: Standard ASTM D 695 or equivalent method
Bending test: Standard ASTM D 790 or equivalent method
Thermal properties test: standard ASTM D 177 or equivalent method
- Excessive wear won't be caused on the surface of the wheel and the
composite brake block.
- The composite brake block will not cause the wheel porous or
- It won't stick at the wheel during braking therefore won't cause
uneven wheel surface.
- It won't cause wheel slipping during full braking in wet
- Composite friction material bearing high energy braking;
- High coefficient of friction and stability,
- Small heat fade for coefficient of friction,
- Temperature insensitiveness,
Disadvantage: Produce a stench when tight.
Our composite brake block is an ideal replacement of the metallic
(gray cast iron) brake block. Composite brake block features motion
to the wheel and well fitness between the brake block and brake
block shoe (brake holder).
- Wooden box
- In according with client's requirement
Cast iron brake shoe in different types
- High-P brake shoe
- Low-P brake shoe
- Rail fastening system
- Dog spike / Screw spike
- Bolt set
- Elastic clamp
- Rail anchor
- Rail shoulder
- Fish plate
- Tie plate
- Plastic / Rubber parts
- Brake shoe
- Steel rail
- New wood sleeper
Quotation necessity ( the more, the better )
- Drawing with full size ( front / side section / hole )
- Surface Treatment
- Order quantity
If you have any futher question or request, welcome to contact me.
Contact: Janet Jiang email@example.com